Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Mini Meat Pie

I received this meat pie filling as a gift. It is actually a pork pie filing. You could easily make your own filling with any ground meat of your choice and season anyway you would like. Cook the meat in a skillet and let cool a little. I actually do not know how this was seasoned when it was given to me. I added some dry onion, garlic, and pepper to this this



For the crust I used the gluten free Bisquick. I kind of just created my own crust. These were made a while ago so I cannot remember the exact measurements of everything. I think all I did was use 1 1/2 cups of the mix, 1 egg, and enough water until it got like a dough. It was a wet dough.





-In a mini muffin pan I added a little Smart Balance butter for taste and so the dough would not stick.
-Add about 1 to 2 tablespoons of the dough. Wet your hands with some water and even out the dough in the muffin pain.
-Bake the dough at 350 for 10 minutes. You might want to keep an eye on it because the middle does rise a little. I took it out half way through and pushed the middle down.
-Once dough is almost cooked add the cooked meat filling and bake until the top is brown.
-On the bottom picture I added cheese at the very end.
-Adding some ketchup on top of the meat filling before you bake it in the oven is really good too. It kind of tastes like BBQ.

No comments: