Monday, January 30, 2012

Chicken and Veggie Stir Fry

This is probably my favorite stir fry I do. The flavors of this go really good together and you don't have to feel bad about eating more.
1 boneless, skinless chicken breast
1 small onion, diced
1 glove garlic, minced
2 large tomatoes, take the seeds out
1 cups broccoli
1 cup green beans
salt and pepper

-salt and pepper your chicken and then brown the chicken on both sides. Remove from pan and cut into bite size pieces
-add a little olive oil and cook your onions until translucent.
-once the onions are cooked att eh garlic and good for a minute or so.
-add the tomates and cook for another minute or so.
-then add the veggies and cut up chicken and cook covered for 5 to 10 minutes. I use frozen veggies so I cook them for about 10 or 15 minutes. I like my veggies soft. Don't worry if you chicken isn't cooked through when you add it with your veggies. It will finish cooking once the lid is on. At little Smart Balance added just before serving is pretty good, but not necessary.
-I usually eat it like this or you could mix it with pasta or rice.

No comments: