Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Beef Fried Rice

I must say this was the best fried rice I made. Everything came out perfect. I usually use chicken because for some reason red meat bothers me, but I had meat that needed to be used. I also always use Jasmine rice when I use rice.

 


2 cups rice-cooked
1 tablespoon oil of your choice
1 pound meat
1 to 2 teaspoons dried onion
1 to 2 teaspoons dried garlic
4 tablespoons teriyaki sauce
2 tablespoons soy sauce or tamari sauce
2 tablespoons Smart Balance butter

Heat your wok or your pan on med high heat and add the oil.
Once wok or pan is heated brown the meat.
Once meat is brown add the onion, garlic, and teriyaki sauce. Cook everything for about 2 minutes and then add the rice.
Saute the rice for about 5 minutes and then add the soy sauce or tamari sauce and butter. Saute for another 5 minutes or so and then you are ready to eat.

If you like your rice crispy, do not all the rice at once. Do this in batches and maybe saute a little longer than 5 minutes.

No comments: