Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Bacon, Egg, and Cheese Pasta

This was another idea that came to me when I was bored. I wanted something with bacon and this is what I came up with. Needless to say I should have made double what I did.

1 pound gluten free pasta
1 egg
2 slices of your favorite cheese or 16 ounces. More or less if you like.
4 thick slices of bacon-cooked
1 tablespoon garlic-minced
1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
2 tablespoons Smart Balance butter
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 375 degrees
Cook pasta, but not completely and drain.
Beat the egg in a separate dish and temper with some of the hot pasta water. Add the egg to the pasta and mix.
Crumble the bacon and add it to the pasta. Then add the garlic and cheese of your choice and mix.
Once everything is mixed add it to a baking dish and dot it with the butter. Then add the Parmesan cheese and bake about 10 minutes until cheese is melted.




No comments: