Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Pork Chili

I usually use ground chicken or turkey, but I had pork and figured why not give it a try. This was a welcomed change. It came out better than expected. I did not measure, so I will do my best to come close to the measurements. All of this is to your taste and what you like.

1.     1 medium white onion, diced
2.     1/2 green pepper, diced
3.     1/2 yellow pepper, diced
4.     2 dried chili peppers, minced. I took the seeds out. The red specks you see in the chili are the chili peppers.
5.     2 big cloves garlic, minced
6.     2 tablespoons chili powder
7.     2 tablespoons cumin
8.     2 pounds ground pork
9.     1 teaspoon Worcestershire
10.   1/2 teaspoon Tabasco
11.   1 beef bouillon
12.   1 can of V8 juice


-Add numbers 1 through 4 and cook in oil on medium heat until translucent.
-Add numbers 5 through 7 and cook for 25 seconds.
-Add the pork and brown.
-Add the rest of the ingredients and cook for 1 to 1/2 hours.
-Serve by itself, with rice, or with corn chips

*If you find the chili is not thick enough, add 1 to 2 tablespoons of corn starch.



No comments: