Thursday, April 28, 2011

Cranberry Almond Flour Cookies

Why did I decide to bake today? I was so humid you couldn't even take a deep breath. It was just one of those days I wanted to be in the kitchen. This is what I decided to do on my break from working. This is the second set of cookies. The first set are below, the rice flour cookies. These were really good too. Just not on a day like today. The top cookie has sparkling sugar and the bottom does not.

1 cup almond flour
1 tablespoon brown sugar
1/4 teaspoon baking powder
1 egg
1/4 cup melted butter (I use Smart Balance)
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cut almond cranberry mix

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Mix everything together and drop 2 tablespoons of the mixture on an aluminum disposable tray or parchment lined cookie sheet. Flatten out the cookies a little because they will not spread out on their own. If you would like, sprinkle some sparkling sugar or regular white sugar on top of the cookies before baking.
Bake for 20-25 minutes until brown.

No comments: