Monday, June 6, 2011

Ground Flax Seed Pizza

Since my diet has been even more restricted lately, I cannot have pizza. I have been craving pizza, but needed to come up with a much healthier way to make it. I also had to use dairy free cheese instead of real mozzarella cheese. All and all this came out pretty good. I think it was because of the ham!


4 tablespoons ground flax seed. I grind my own
1/4 cup, maybe more or less, of water
1/2 teaspoon dried garlic
1/2 teaspoon Italian seasoning
1/4 cup sauce
1/2 cup dairy free cheese
Any other toping you may like. I had some left over ham, so I used that.

Preheat the oven to 375 degrees
Mix the flax seed, water, garlic, and Italian seasoning together. The mixture will be a little liquidly, but it should not have the consistency of water. It needs to be thicker, maybe like ketchup. It might be easier to spread the mixture with your hands. I find a spoon or rubber spatula stick a little.
Bake the flax seed for about 5 or 10 minutes until it gets darker in color.
Once browned, take out of oven and add toping. Bake until cheese is melted (dairy free cheese does not really melt, so just pretend).

No comments: